There are 3 parts to defining the scope of the audit and where the justification information for the selection of sites to visit and employees to interview is defined.
Scope > Select Audit Content
Here you select the elements to include in the audit. Generally, you should include all the elements, unless you are doing a Limited Scope audit or an audit that allows you to exclude elements.
Scope > Site Sampling Summary
List the number of sites to visit during the audit and the number of interviews to do at each visited site.
- Start by adding the individual corporate sites, and
- then the number of employees in each role at each site. When setting up the employee levels, use the organizational chart to ensure you enter the correct number of levels, keeping in mind that the company job descriptions may not align 100% with the audit roles.
- IMPORTANT: Check the sites that will be Included in the audit (see the image below). There are 3 Options available when selecting sites to include (the option that applies is determined by audit) :
- The first option is 1-Column Site Selection - select all the sites that will be visited physically or virtually during the audit. You will be asked to complete all 3 evidence gathering steps, Documentation review (D), conducting interviews (I) and Observation tours (O) at each visited site.
- The next option is 3-Column Site Selection - select only the evidence gathering steps, Documentation review (D), conducting interviews (I) and Observation tours (O) that are applicable for the sites included in the audit.
- The final option is to Adjust details for included sites which allows you to toggle between the 1-Column Site Selection and the 3-Column Site Selection options.
- Also see article: Cannot unselect a visited site
In the case of large audits with over 30 sites you may request authorization to adjust the number of Minimum required site visits.
Scope > Interview Planning
This section summarizes the recommended number of employees that must be interviewed at each site, as well as the sites that need to be visited.
The Recommended Interviews is automatically calculated based on the fact that a fraction of a person cannot be interviewed resulting that the Recommended Interviews will always exceed the Minimum required interviews.
Some audit protocols allow you to change the distribution and allocation of the Recommended Interviews and allows you to Use Custom Interview Plan - Please note: This option is not enabled for all audit protocols.
It is important to complete the Representative sampling justification section where you should include a detailed summary outlining the justification for the selection of the sites visited and employees interviewed