The Continuing Care Safety Association (www.continuingcaresafety.ca) is an educational non‑profit organization that promotes the knowledge of health and safety in long-term care and seniors’ supportive living workplaces. Our mission is to guide long-term care and seniors’ supportive living employers to create safe workplaces through provision of education, leadership and collaboration. To deliver on this mission we support long-term care and seniors’ support living employers in implementing effective occupational health and safety (OHS) management systems and to act as a Certifying Partner in the Partnerships in Injury Reduction Program.
Audit Registration is required for 2020 before a 2020 documentation-only COR audit can be conducted.
- Auditors have a maximum of 45 calendar days from the Audit Start Date (Earlier of: when documentation is received for review OR the first day on-site) to complete the data gathering activities.
- Auditors must submit the final audit report within 21 calendar days from the End of the Data Gathering Phase
Extensions for report writing can be requested for extenuating circumstances - inquire with the CCSA COR Team, COR@ab-ccsa.ca).
Submitting your audit
- Save a copy of the final report (see Export and manage PDF report)
- Email the saved final report along with any attachments to COR@ab-ccsa.ca to start the quality assurance review process.
- The CCSA COR Team will review the submitted audit and will request revisions if required.
- After the Quality Assurance review, the auditor may be given a list of required revisions. The updated audit must be resubmitted within 15 calendar days.
- Multiple revisions are allowed but cannot exceed 90 days total.
Provide a copy to the client
IMPORTANT: Do not provide a copy of the report to the client until you receive approval from the CCSA.
- The Auditor is responsible to provide the client with a copy of the approved audit report after CCSA’s quality assurance audit review process is completed.
- Include a copy of the Save action plan template. The client can create an action plan question-by-question based on Suggestions for Improvement in the action plan template.
Questions can be directed to CCSA COR Team via email to COR@ab-ccsa.ca or via phone to 780.433.5330.